Monday, January 18, 2010

Firefighter's Wife!

Chasing flames and saving lives is a firefighters thrill;
And I’ll do this job, the best I can, with the Lords grace and will.
But even though I love the flames, the excitement, and the roar;
There’s someone waiting back home for me, that I love even more.

My best friend, my soul mate, she is the love of my life.
I am so very grateful that she is my wife.
She understands the job I do, but how she hates it so.
I hear her cries, and see her tears, each time I have to go.

As I race to the fire, to battle the beast, I wonder how she is;
And pray to God, to let me return, to feel her tender kiss.
I know she won’t sleep, with her heart filled with strife,
She knows why I must leave her, to go and risk my life.

She would only have to say the word and I would walk away;
And never fight another fire, or keep the beast at bay.
But I know that’s something she’ll never do, she loves the man I am.
She’s proud of me for the lives I save and for my helping hand.

Though someday soon, the Lord may say, this job will take my life;
And I must leave this happiness, of my family and my wife.
Deep down inside I truly doubt that she would change a thing,
As long as we’re together and wearing her fireman’s wedding ring.

–Author Unknown

No comments: