Monday, July 27, 2009

Women..Mothers and Wives..

"For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:24


My husband is the baby of two sons in a family. I am the woman who "took" him away from his mother. It has been a rough transition.I believe this is one the hardest transitions in life. It is so important to realize that God has ordained that this transition take place, as the verse above states. It is one of the pillars that makes a house a home and a family secure, but it is difficult.

Women have such a power of influence. It is a strength that God has given us and we can use it for good or for evil. When there is a mother and a wife in a man's life, the wife is to be the dominant influence. As a wife, I know this has been important to my marriage. But as a mother, I cringe at the thought of letting go of my sons one day. Thank goodness, at the ages of 6 and almost5 I still have a while!

I hope that when my children are ready to leave the nest and find the woman they will spend the rest of my life with, that I will look for the good in them and be an encouragement to them. I relize that when a man leaves his parents that he and his wife are now one and they will have a family. And that will be his top priority, after God. It doesnt matter if they come to every family dinner, every family function, or even call me every day..he is with his family. I hope that I cant put my needy-ness to have control over his life aside..and realize he has done a good job. He has a wife who loves him dearly, he is raising a beautiful family and provides for them wonderfully. But most importantly I will know that we serve the same God and he is the best father, provider and friend we could ever have.

And that I know will give me the peace I need..to let go.

No comments: