Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday & Smells ?? LOL

Funny how I posted that video & then we sang it twice at church. I just love it!! Had a great time at church, Bryson really enjoyed childrens church as usual. We also got to see some old friends- Andrew, Nick and a few more. We even got to see Andrew's sweet parents Dean & Sharon. They are just the sweetest & I love them dearly

Then we were off to Rutherfordton. We had the best time. True southern food- Ham, Corn, Green Beans, Deviled Eggs, Rolls, Potatoes,etc. And oh my goodness the dessert!! Yum Yum. 2 different Banana Puddings, Earthquake Cake, Butterfinger Cake, Cookies..so delicious! My aunts and grandma sure can cook!! <3>

The boys had a wonderful time hiding eggs and getting spoiled. Bryson and my uncle spent some time throwing a baseball around as well.


Josh and my uncles and cousin pulled my grandfathers old four-wheeler out of the building and worked on it. It hasnt ran well in quite a while & they all want to use it for hunting this year and so they decided to mess with it. To make a long story short, Josh wound up bringing it home to work on. That thing brings back memories of my grandfather everytime I look at it. I can just see him riding down the hill behind my grandparents house and to his garden to gather the harvest. I can remember riding on the back with him. I can remember how I thought it stunk of oil, gas and exhaust and how the smell would stick to my clothes. At the time i hated it. Today- i stood on the deck and breathed it all in. Silly, I know.


Isnt it funny how smells can take you back someplace??



I'll leave you with some pictures..
This is my sweet grandmother with my boys awhile back. I wish I had some of my grandfather, but I dont have any digital ones.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Gosh...you sure know how to make your Mama cry.... First no mention of her good cookin.... and then talking about her precious Daddy who she misses so much...sob sob... Seriously another wonderful blog...love you MOM